KWV Wine Emporium
Your journey starts at KWV’s cellar door offering tastings and sales of a wide variety of award winning MCCs, sparkling wines, natural wines, fortified wines, liqueur and brandies. Daily guided tours are available as well as various tasting options and pairings, including a non-alcoholic experience. Brandy tours to the House of Fire are available on weekdays.
- Brandy and Chocolate Pairing – Four brandies paired with Belgian chocolates. (Available)
- Sweet Wine, Liqueur and Cake Pairing – Two KWV sweet wines and two liqueurs with four mini cakes. (Not currently available)
- Cheesecake and MCC pairing – Three CC’s with three mini cheesecakes. (Not currently available)
- The Mentors range wines and chocolate pairing – Four award-winning KWV The Mentors range wines with four specially selected chocolates. (Not currently available)
- The Mentors range wines and artisan pie pairing – Four award-winning KWV The Mentors range wines with four specially selected artisan pies. (Not currently available)
- Tea and Chocolate pairing – Non-alcoholic tasting with three Leaf teas and three chocolates. (Not currently available)
Join Perdeberg Winery for a wine tasting and combine it with their unique food pairings, including braai picnics and sweet treats like chocolate and marshmallows. Sit back and relax in good company with a glass in hand, either indoors in a comfortable setting, or outside in their attractive family-friendly seating area.
- Chocolate Pairing – Four wines paired with carefully selected artisanal chocolates.
- Confectionary Pairing – Marshmallow, nougat and chocolate truffle paired with specifically chosen Perdeberg wines.
- Vineyard Collection Food Pairing – A selection of delicious edibles prepared by our restaurant, each paired with a wine from our Vineyard Collection.
- Kiddies Pairing – A delightful pairing for the young ones, combining their favourite treats with a refreshing juice or milk drink.
Nederburg Five Senses Wine and Food Experience is devised to strip away some senses and heighten others to show just how you perceive wine, food and flavours using different senses. Taste your way through a 3-course canapé-style food and wine pairing, first blind-folded and then sighted. To add an extra dimension to the experience, the second and third courses are presented not only unseen, but also with the addition of evocative sounds, creating a truly emotive and personal experience where your imagination is allowed free reign. Pre-booking is essential.
How it works: The tasting consists of three canapé-style pairings, each presented twice and paired with some of Nederburg’s awarded wines. The Five Senses Experience is offered at 11h00 and 15h00 every day except Tuesdays.
If there is anything better than a glass of good wine, it is a glass of good wine with its perfect food partner. The interaction between food and wine creates a synergy that enhances both, purely for your enjoyment. This is an experience that is flexible to your needs and can be wine based or food based. “Petite Synergy” is a pairing of small bites with artisanal, small-production wines. Five wines are paired with seasonally inspired bites, prepared by the winery chef.
“Petite Synergy” is available on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 – 15:00 and by reservation only.
Fairview Wine and Cheese
The Fairview Tasting Room is one of the most popular Cape Winelands destinations, building on a reputation that stretches back to the 1970′s. On your visit you will experience a diverse range of wines to choose from, including a selection of wines exclusive to the cellar door. Your tasting experience will also include an expertly paired selection of 6 Fairview cow and goat’s milk cheeses.
Named after Charles Back’s late mother, the Beryl Back Master Tasting Room continues to practice the legacy of warmth and hospitality that Beryl so lovingly instilled. Thanks to a long-held reputation for our exceptional customer service, Fairview has one of the most sought-after tastings in the winelands. Managed by their highly qualified hasting Hosts, the elegant Beryl Back tasting room is set apart from the main tasting area, offering seated, tutored tastings in an exclusive, educational setting. Each Master Tasting comes with carefully paired Fairview cheese, freshly baked artisanal bread and their farm-made olive oil.
Landskroon offers a wide variety of quality white and red wines at affordable prices. Their Cape Vintage has established itself as one of the leading fortified wines of South Africa. Visitors to Landskroon are well rewarded with a stunning view over the vineyards and the farm towards Table Mountain.
- Heritage Food and Wine Pairing -A selection of five wines from Landskroon paired with locally produced cheeses, olives, droë wors and Turkish delight.
- Paul`s Food and Wine Pairing – Landskroon’s premium range of six wines paired with locally produced cheeses, olives, biltong & dark chocolate.
Bookings required for groups of more than eight people.
Under Oaks Estate
Under Oaks Estate offers a friendly and contemporary style tasting room where you have the opportunity to taste their range of boutique wines. They continually strive to provide guests with new and interesting experiences to tingle the taste buds and to complement and challenge their wines. Please contact them to enquire about their current pairing experiences. Pairing experiences change on a monthly basis.
Freedom Hill Vineyards offer guests an escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. They invite you to enjoy a relaxing wine tasting experience with them – outside on their veranda on a summer’s day or in front of the fireplace during winter. Experience their wine and chocolate pairing at this iconic “walk to freedom” site.